Sunday 25 March 2012

Country Living Fair Spring 2012 - Top Picks - Emma Hardicker

I met a lot of British designer-makers at the Country Living Spring 2012 Fair - one of whom was the very sweet Emma Hardicker, a silkscreen artist, designer and printer. Not only do I like her designs, I was also impressed that her enthusiasm and friendliness was not waning on Saturday, which must have been the busiest day of the Fair - and she was happy for me to take take some snaps of her prints and artworks.

These fabrics designed by Emma  are new for Spring 2012 - my photo does not do this pattern justice; it is packed with tulips and lovely fritillaries, those flower that have that unusual chequer-board pattern on the petals.  Emma explained to me the printing technique that will be used to produce this fabric will give it that silk-screen printed look (Emma - you'd better correct me if I'm wrong!)
fantastic! a print of a London view and cushions in her Spring 2012 print

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...