Monday 19 September 2011

Mrs Osborn goes on a spree: Selvedge Autumn Fair: winter woolies from Gabrielle Vary, Esk Valley, Romney Marsh Wools

The Autumn Selvedge Fair was a delight, in the lovely St Augustine Church Hall just off the Archway Road, N6



Gabrielle Vary, based near to Brighton, makes shawls, scarves and cushions - all in a deliciously edible palette of colours perfect for Autumn. Everything is designed and made by Gabrielle herself.
I succumbed to temptation and bought the quince-y coloured shawl below - I love the fact that Gabrielle made the very shawl, which I am wearing right now, herself.


Esk Valley knitwear from Scotland


One cannot have enough stripy gloves

Throws, rugs and cushions in natural shades are made in a distinctive textured twill weave from Romney sheep fleeces by this family owned business - the family has been keeping Romney sheep for six generations

Romney Marsh Wools also produce a skincare range - 
I tried a bit of the lanolin hand and body lotion with some trepidation as I don't like greasy lotions that linger on the surface of my skin. But this was lovely and was absorbed quickly (probably because I have dry lizard skin), smells good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...